University of Alberta Media Releases:
University of Alberta Folio, October 16, 2023: "Studies confirm an overlooked risk for cardiovascular disease"
University of Alberta The Quad, March 7, 2023, "Celebrating International Women's Day 2023".
University of Alberta Folio, September 19, 2022, "More awareness, education needed to better treat polycystic ovary syndrome"
University of Alberta Folio, March 1, 2021, "Researchers discover better measure of future risk for heart disease, diabetes in youth living with obesity"
University of Alberta, October 17, 2016, "Clinical trial needs young women for under-researched condition linked to obesity and cardiovascular disease"
University of Alberta, January 22, 2013 "Milk fats Good for you or not?"
Dep. Agricultural, Food & Nutritional Science, May 18, 2012 “Study shows Creatine helps negate liver damage from high-fat diets”.
University of Alberta, September 7, 2011, "Changing trans fat labelling".
More UofA News Release Articles:
- University of Alberta Folio, May 2018, "How best to boost one's immunity".
- University of Alberta, ALES/AFNS, July 2018, "Dr. Caroline Richard, CIHR Award Winner".
- University of Alberta, May 31, 2012, "Researcher find natural trans fats enhance health"
- University of Alberta, March 21, 2012, "Preventing clots in obese kids"
Alberta Women’s Health Foundation’s (AWHF) leadership report, “Surveying the Silence: Exploring the impact in women’s health,”
Dr. Vine's PCOS Research highlighted on page 33.
2009: AFNS Annual Report
More Magazine Articles:
- Canadian Cattlemen - The Beef Magazine, October 2012
- Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute, MAZ Connect: Meet the Researchers, 2010
- Berlin Voedings Magazine (Nutrition Magazine), Winter 2009 Edition
- Food in Canada,The Voice of the Canadian Food & Beverage Industry, Spring 2009 Edition, "2008 Biannual Wiebe Visser International Dairy Nutrition Prize”.
630 CHED, "This Morning with Stacey Brotzel And Daryl McIntyre", October 18, 2023, Dr. Proctor discusses Remnant Cholesterol (RC): Click Here
CBC, November 21, 2011 "Creatin and Liver Fat Research"
More Radio Shows:
- CKNW Newstalk 980 (Vancouver), September 9, 2011
- CBC RADIO 1 ‘As It Happens’, November 4, 2004
Global News, Health Matters, May 31, 2021
CTV Medical News Feature (Edmonton), April 8 & 9, 2008
More Television Features:
- Global News on the "NutrIMM study". Promote the recruitment of participants in our nutrition and immunity study. January 2020.
- Global News on the "ThinkBeef" campaign. By Albert Delitala Digital Journalist. February 2019.
- CNN-Health, "Systematic review published from our group on egg consumption and cardiovascular disease risk factors in individual with type 2 diabetes". May 2018.
- Global Edmonton News hour (Health Matters). August 25, 2011,“Health Benefits of the Nutrient Choline”
- CITV News Hour, September 30, 2008
- Jan 2022: Interview with the library of “Institut Guy-Lacombe de la famille” to discuss healthy eating and the Canada’s food guide.
- Jan 2022: Interview with the Canadien Press to discuss nutritional modulation of the immune system in the context of COVID-19.
- Feb 2020: Interview for Global News on the "NutrIMM study". I was interviewed to promote the recruitment of participants in our nutrition and immunity study.
- Feb 2019: Interview for Global News on the "ThinkBeef" campaign. I was interviewed as an RD PhD by Albert Delitala Digital Journalist.
- Jul 2018: Mini Interview for the web story of ALES/AFNS after receiving my CIHR by Cait Wills (director of communications at ALES).
- May 2018: Written interview for CNN with Susan Scutti (CNN Health Writer) about the systematic review published from our group on egg consumption and cardiovascular disease risk factors in individual with type 2 diabetes.
- Mar 2018: Interview for the University of Alberta with Lesley Young (Journalist & Communications at the UofA) about how best to boost one's immunity. Story for the UAlberta.ca and folio.ca.
- Apr 2017: U of Alberta description web site profile (3 hours).
- Aug 2017: Fall issue of Greenhouse, article on new faculty member: Photoshoot (half day) and interview questions written (1 hour).
- Aug 2017: Profile for the project on increasing the Profiles of Women Academics in Natural Sciences and Engineering (3 hours)
- Nov 2017: Interview with Helen Metella for the ALES/AFNS 2017-2018 Annual Report (1 hour).
- Nov 2017: Interview with Tiffany Mayer (a writer for Postmedia) on my recently published systematic review on egg consumption in individual with type 2 diabetes (30 min interview + 1 hour preparation).
E-Newsletters and Articles:
nznutrition Foundation-"Nutrition News" (New Zealand), December 2012
More E-Newsletters and Articles:
- Institut Guy-Lacombe de la famille, Library, "Healthy eating and the Canada’s food guide", January 2022.
- Canadien Press, "Nutritional modulation of the immune system in the context of COVID-19", January 2022.
- Meristem and The CLA Network, Insider Newsletter
- Meristem and The CLA Network, Natural Power Brochure
- Meristem and The CLA Network, What we've Learned, Summer 2010
- Meristem and The CLA Network,"Genetics enters the fray to boost dairy CLA", January 25, 2010
- Meristem and The CLA Network,"New health-boosting power found in dairy foods", April 14, 2010
- Bites.ksu.edu, Safe Food from Farm to Fork. (Kansas, US), November 13, 2009
- Bites.ksu.edu, Safe Food from Farm to Fork. (Kansas, US), May 28, 2009
Metro (Edmonton), March 22, 2012, "Link between blood clots in overweight kids and adult strokes probed"
More Newspaper Articles:
- Edmonton Sun, March 21, 2012, "Obese children more prone to strokes"
- Edmonton Journal, Interview by Nicki Thomas, September 8, 2011,"We've lumped all trans fats in the same basket"
- Vancouver Sun, September 8, 2011
- The Province (British Columbia), September 8, 2011
- Calgary Herald (Alberta), September 8, 2011
- Times Colonist (Victoria, Canada), September 14, 2011, "Natural trans fat not bad: study-dairy, beef type said to be better then synthetic".
- Edmonton Journal (Front Page), November 4, 2004 "Cholesterol test may miss heart disease risk".
Google +, April 2013, Collaborator Dr. Tim Dickinson, University of Toronto
More Social Media Articles:
- MDLinx, February 15, 2013. "Elevated remnant lipoproteins may increase subclinical CVD risk in pre-pubertal children with obesity: acase-control study"
- Yahoo News, June 14, 2012
- New Info Guide, June 14, 2012
- Digital Journal, June 14, 2012
- Finanzen.net, June 14, 2012
- Medical News Today, June 7, 2012
- “Say Cheese – Not all trans fats are bad for you: Review”, September 2011
- Fitbie, Interview by Mary Squillace, September 2011
- Twitter, CNW_General, "Global research team yields new health insights into differences between natural and industrial trans fats",May 31, 2012
- Medilexicon, “New Insights Into The Health Implications of Different Types of Trans Fats”, June 5, 2012
- ROInews, News About Canada's Growing Bioeconomy, May 31, 2012
- More media on trans fats media release, May 31, 2012
Alberta Beef Producers, September 9, 2011
More Industry Coverage:
- Canadian Cattlemen, June 14, 2012
- Alberta Farmer, June 14, 2012
- Country Guide, June 14, 2012
- Meristem Land & Science, Top Stories, May 31, 2012
- Farm Business Communications (daily email), Country Guide (Western Edition), September 15, 2011
- Canadian Cattlemen, The Beef Magazine, September 15, 2011
- Meristem and the CLA Network, September 7, 2011, "Time to reboot thinking on trans fats – natural dairy, beef ones are good"
- Meristem and the CLA Network, June 9, 2010, "New CLA study targets promise to battle obesity and related conditions"
- Meristem and the CLA Network, April 15, 2010, "New Results Boost Health Promise for Natural Dairy and Beef Trans Fat"
- Alberta Farm Express.ca (Alberta), May 28, 2009
- Agri-Marketing.com (US), May 29, 2009
- Meristem and the CLA Network, May 28, 2009, "New research points to high absorption of healthy beef component"
- Meristem and the CLA Network, March 11, 2009, "CLA and Omega 3 set to deliver one-two health punch for beef"
More Book Chapters:
- Mamo JCL and Proctor SD. Chylomicron Remnants and Atherosclerosis in Barter PJ and Rye K-A (Eds) Plasma lipids and their role in Disease. Harwood Academic Publishers. 1999; Chapter 6: pg 109-137.
- Russell JC, Kelly SE and Proctor SD. The JCR:LA-cp Rat: An Animal Model of the Metabolic Syndrome Exhibiting Micro- and Macro-Vascular Disease. 2006 Chapter 7: pg 157-171 in Animal Models of Diabetes, Eds E.Shafrir. CRC Publishers.
- Russell JC and Proctor SD Macro- and Micro-vascular Disease in a Pre-diabetic Animal Model: The JCR:LA-cp Rat. Chapter in The Metabolic Syndrome. Eds B.C. Hansen and G. Bray, Humana Press,
- Lamarche B*, Richard C. Chapter 15 (p. 117–122): Is there an optimal diet for the management of abdominal obesity and related cardiometabolic risk? In: Abdominal obesity and the endocannabinoid system: From basic aspects to clinical management of related cardiometabolic risk. Despres J and Di Marzo V (Eds.). Informa Health Care USA inc., New York, 2008: 264 pp.
- Gopinadhan Paliyath, Marica Bakovic, Kalidas Shetty, Ye Wang, Catherine J. Field, Spencer D. Proctor. Ruminant Trans Fat as Potential Nutraceutical Components to Prevent Cancer and Cardiovascular Disease. Functional Foods, Nutraceuticals and Degenerative Disease Prevention. 2011,Oct(1):Chapter 9. DOI: 10.1002/9780470960844.ch9
- Richard C, Couture P and Lamarche B*. Chapter 30 (p. 325-334): Impact of the Mediterranean diet on features of metabolic syndrome: is weight loss required? In: The Mediterranean Diet: An Evidence-Based Approach. Victor R Preedy and Ronald Ross Watson (Eds). Academic Press (Elsevier). 2014: 698 pp (release in November 26, 2014)
- Richard C. Chapitre 7 (p. 126-137): Café et thé et gestion du poids. Dans/In : Contrôle de la satiété et gestion du poids par les ingrédients santé. Par : Association pour les ingrédients santé en alimentation (AISA). 2014: 148 pp (this chapter is part of a synthesis document on body weight management and satiety attributed to health ingredients)
- Diane A, Pierce WD, Kelly SE, Sokolik S, Borthwick F, Jacome-Sosa M, Mangat R, Pradillo JM, Allan SM, Ruth MR, Field CJ, Hutcheson R, Rocic P, Russell JC, Vine DF, Proctor SD. Mechanisms of Comorbidities Associated With the Metabolic Syndrome: Insights from the JCR:LA-cp Corpulent Rat Strain. Chapter Are Rodent Models Fit for Investigation of Human Obesity and Related Diseases? Edited by Patrick C. Even , Sam Virtue , Nicholas M. Morton , Gilles Fromentin and Robert K. Semple. E-book Front. Nutr. 2017 doi: 10.3389/fnut.2017.00058
- Bédard A and Richard C*. Chapter 21 (p. 317-333): The Mediterranean diet for an effective management of metabolic syndrome in both men and women. In: Bioactive Foods as Dietary Interventions for Diabetes 2nd edition. Victor R Preedy and Ronald Ross Watson (Eds). Academic Press (Elsevier). 2019: p. 683.
- Azarcoya-Barrera J, Field J. F, Jacobs L. R, Richard C*. Chapter 4 (p. 60-82): Egg consumption and cardiometabolic health. In: Eggs as Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals for Human Health. Jianping Wu (Editor). Royal Society of Chemistry (publisher). Volume 14; 2019