- MCVD LAB EMERGENCY PLAN
- MCVD LAB EVACUATION PROCEDURE
- MCVD Lab/UofA Stand Down Safety Meeting (generic portion) video:
- MCVD Lab Online Courses for New Lab Personnel
- MCVD Lab New Student-Staff OrientationShared Drive Access: Click Here
- Free or Cheap Computer Software (MS Office, Anti-Virus, Graphics, Stats etc): Click Here
- Encrypt your Laptop & Mobile Devices as per UofAlberta Policy SEE link to website to encrypt
- Making Knockout Posters: Click Here
- Here is an article worth the read for researchers using kits for molecular biology applications: Click Here
- “Sh*t that Grad Students say” (Video): Click Here
ALES & Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science (AFNS) Department:
- Database for Graduate Student Positions
- Mandatory Lab Training for new graduate students in AFNS. This course has been designed to ensure that all graduate students have the basic competencies for doing laboratory work, including the following: Click Here
The Group on the Molecular & Cell Biology of Lipids (MCBL):
- Mission: To enhance knowledge of lipid metabolism. To facilitate the translation of discoveries into diagnosis/treatment of human disease. To train high caliber researchers and expose trainees to the best in biomedical research. To provide an environment that will enhance the scholarly and scientific endeavours of all scientists.
Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry’s Core Imaging Facility:
University of Alberta:
- Top Universities Worldwide University Rankings, Guides & Events – QS World University Rankings: Click Here
- UofA Safety Stand Down: Click Here
- UofA Emergency Information and Procedures: Click Here
- IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY:
Official information from the University of Alberta regarding emergency situations will always be posted on this page. This information will give you the latest information on the actions you need to take and the latest available details. The U of A will update this page, and others as needed, as the situation changes: Emergency | University of Alberta (ualberta.ca)
More About Emergency Alerts and Updates: Click Here
- EMERGENCY CONTACTS:Fire, Police, Ambulance, or Hazardous SpillsCALL 911, then call U of A Protective Services at 780-492-5050 (24hrs).
In the Field or International Locations
Call local emergency services, then call U of A Protective Services at 780-492-5050 (24hrs).
Urgent Maintenance Needs
Campuses: Call Campus Control Centre at 780-492-4833 (24hrs)
- NON-EMERGENCY REPORTING:Theft and Safety concernsCall 780‑492‑5050 for U of A Protective Services (24hrs).
For Workplace Health and Safety or Environmental Concerns
General Maintenance Needs
Campuses: Submit a Maintenance Request
Residences: Submit through your Residence Account